Flexible packaging has several benefits over rigid packaging because:
- Flexible packaging utilizes less materials and energy.
- It creates less weight via source reduction that utilizes the least amount of materials for product packaging.
- Flexible packaging represents 2% of municipal solid waste.
What Is Flexible Packaging?Flexible packaging is any package or any part of a package which takes the shape of a pouch, bag, overwrap or liner and whose shape can be readily changed. Apart from their being utilized for institutional and consumer products, flexible packaging is also desired in industrial applications for marketing, protection and distributing a fast array of products.
Flexible packaging, which is a leader in packaging innovation, helps to add value and marketability to both food and non-food products. It goes beyond ensuring food safety as it extends shelf life; provide barrier protection and aids even heating. Besides, it is easy to use and re-sealable. With its superb printability, the packaging industry continues to thrive and advance in an unprecedented rate.
Advantages of Flexible Packaging
- Flexible packaging is light in weight, easily opened, carried, stored and re-sealed.
- With flexible packaging, the shelf life of many products, for instance, food is prolonged.
- Less energy is required for transportation, manufacturing and generating smaller quantities of greenhouse gases.
- With flexible packaging, less consumer wastes which are being sent to landfills are generated.
- It is an innovative process.
- Flexible packaging widely extends into varieties of product categories.
- It indicates and maintains freshness as well as offers consumer conveniences.
- It provides re-closure and diverse dispensing options.
- Ease of transportation and storage, enables visibility of contents and provides efficient product.
- Flexible packaging creates lesser emissions and uses less energy.
Learn more about Anchor Printing and their vast line of custom product label & packaging options including: Shrink Sleeve Labels, Flexible Packaging, Roll-Fed Labeling, Pressure Sensitive and Cut & Stack Labels at http://anchorprinting.com/flexible-packaging.php. To contact one of our label specialists call toll free at 800.748.0209 or via email at email@example.com.