Trends run the marketplace. It doesn’t matter what avenue we are discussing, if something is trending market popularity will latch on to it until it over saturates the marketplace. As the trend fades only those brands that have successfully integrated will stay to compete while others will follow what’s new. With any luck the new niche will be exactly what their brand and product was looking for.
Trends occur everywhere from home designs to car colors to custom product labeling. Below are some popular trends in package and labeling to hit the scene in 2016. What trend will catch and bring success to your brand and new products hitting the market?
Popular Package and Labeling Options For 2016
- In-Mold Labels: In-mold labels are just finding their way to the United States package and label market. Injection molded cups, tubs and such offer complete graphic coverage. Graphics can cover all sides as well as the top and bottom of molded containers.
- Thinner Labels: Thinner labels are trendy in 2016. This trend has been brought about because of consumer’s desire for eco-friendly labeling options along with manufactures desire to reduce costs. Thinner labeling without changes in the labels performance is a win for consumers and producers alike.
- Shrink-Film Labels: Shrink film labeling has been trendy for awhile now but what is new for 2016 is a white pigmented shrink sleeve film. The white pigment provides a barrier to light and can also yield more film per square inch. Shrink sleeves offer a great deal of tamper proof protection verse other options in labeling.
- Curved Containers With Flexibility: Contouring labels to product packaging continues to be a popular option. Shaped containers have been labeled using shrink sleeves as one of the only options for years. A new pressure sensitive label is being introduced in 2016 to add another option to labeling curved product packages.
- A “No Label” Label: This is a fad that is sure to take hold within the product labeling industry. Pressure sensitive labeling manufacturers have identified and eliminated clear-film applicator enemies: static and dust. This allows the label to be installed in a fashion that allows it to look like no label exists at all.
- Labels without Liners: This is a trend that is slow in taking its hold on the marketplace. The cost of labeling without liners is still at a peak without performing at the highest level possible. Thus making it slow to emerge. Over time it is thought that technology will catch on and that liner-less labels will be something that is a viable option for print and apply labels.
Our next article will continue to focus on trends that are impacting the package and labeling marketplace in 2016.
At Anchor Printing, we take pride in offering our clients cut & stack labeling, pressure sensitive labels, roll-fed labeling, shrink sleeves as well as flexible packaging options. Contact us today at http://anchorprinting.com for all of your product label design, printing and packaging needs.