Flexible pouches are taking the package and labeling industry by storm. The dynamics of flexible packaging have changed dramatically and the varieties of pouches available on the market today are designed to ensure the utmost satisfaction of customers while preserving perishable and non perishable goods. In order to find a pre-made pouch or custom-made bag that meets your needs consider one of the many designs available on the market today.
Stand Up Pouches
Stand up pouches are available for various products including coffees, dried fruit, nuts and more. In order to create a custom package that suits the needs of consumers and of the product itself while continuing to hold shelf appeal there are many requirements that must be met. When it comes to stand up pouches consider the following possibilities:
- Sliding devices for resealing the package in both standard and hooded options.
- Pouches that are created from cellophane, polypropylene and more.
- Clear or opaque features included on the entire pouch the pouch sides or bottom gussets.
- Pouches that offer a press to close feature.
- Quad seal flexible pouches that are created for larger quantities of product.
Stand up pouches offer a variety of benefits over other varieties of flexible packaging that is available on the market today. The benefits of stand up pouches are as follows:
- Stand up pouches hold the products freshness longer by keeping air out. This makes stand up flexible pouches ideal for all types of food consumption from humans to pets.
- When it comes to shelf appeal stand up pouches have a high appeal to consumers. Stand up pouches have a high appeal in the competitive display environment.
- The logistic benefits of stand up pouches make it a far superior type of packaging. Flexible stand up packages reduce the room needed when storing and shipping products as well as minimizing packaging costs and reduces the impact of packaging on the environment.
Stand-Up Zip Top Pouches
- Press-to-close Pouches
Many products need an option to reseal packaging. Products that are marketed using stand up press to close flexible pouches include:
- Processed meats
- Frozen foods
- Powdered products
- Pet foods
- Zippered Pouches
A zippered pouch option offers great shelf appeal that promotes your products shelf appeal. The zipper option reseals the product keeping it fresh and ready for consumers use.
- Several zipper features from hang holes to tear notches
- Side gusseted pouches
- Stand up pouches with up to two different capabilities
Zippers on flexible pouches keep products airtight and help to meet the strict standards that are being set within the flexible packaging industry.
When it comes to packaging your company’s products there are various things to consider such as the product itself, the environment in which it is to be stored and the shelf life of the product itself. No matter if you are expanding your brand or starting out on the market there is a custom flexible package designed to fit your need. In our next installment on flexible packaging we will discuss other options available to ensure your product is properly packaged, labeled and marketed to maximize consumer appeal, shelf life and function.
Look for more in our next installment on custom packaging, flexible packages and labeling.